Friday, September 3, 2010

Zeitgeist Freitag - faux bois

Faux bois is the artistic imitation of wood or wood grains in various media.

I kind of really hate the term "faux bois" though. It's just French for "fake wood," but somehow this makes it more fancy. And this annoys me.

However, there a lot of really cool things out there under this obnoxious appellation.


Woodgrain ring, ballandchain
Tree pillow cover, cozyblue
Out on a limb necklace, blockpartypress
Knock on wood plate, raedunn
Woody bow tie, toybreaker
Birch tree bolster, chicsindesigndotcom
Wood you keep my heart print, blockpartyprints
Pumpkin carving, apartment therapy 
Stump stool, Tanya Aguiniga
Papercut Art, tinatarnoff
Leaves pencil case, papavier
Little yellow tree suitcase, anotherjamiedavis

Sorry for the shorter post... but I'm off to CANADA!!! See you kids next week. I'm not even going to attempt to post something on this upcoming Crayon Box Monday... because I know I won't do it. =)

Hope everyone has a super fun Labor Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment