Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Travel Wednesdays - Alberta

My passport is entirely too dusty, not having been used since like March. Ugh! But luckily the Mom, my friend J, and I are getting away for Labor Day weekend. Woo-hoo! And we're headed up to Canada! We'll be staying in Calgary for a night and then staying over in Banff and Jasper National Parks the next two nights.

So far the plans include a rodeo, some hot springs, hiking, gorgeous scenery on the Icefields Parkway, dinner at the Lake Louise Fairmont... and whatever other amazing things we find to do. Oh my gosh I CAN'T WAIT!!! IS IT FRIDAY YET?!?

                                                           Banff Realtors

I was going to do this post next week, but I've worked myself into such an excited tizzy about the trip that I need to do more than just scour travel websites and my Lonely Planet books. Or make packing lists. Or pack and unpack my old camera bag. (btw... How cool is this new camera bag I just ordered? I really really hope it gets here in time.) So instead I thought I'd spend some alternate scouring time on Etsy instead.  =)

One of the reasons I'm kind of excited for this weekend is actually, surprise of all surprises, for the cooler weather. I know I complain about hating the cold... but I kind of miss wearing scarves and my favorite long sleeve shirts. So first off, here is my vision of a perfect (slightly themed) ensemble for the weekend.


Organic cotton hoodie, Salts
Banff Scarflette, fadedblues
Glacier Earrings, NooniJewelry
Skinny jeans, modernbazaar
Lost leather cuff, Michelle Verbeeck
Eagle wing boots, blacksheepVL
Hoser tee, jamjamtees

And here are some pretty cool glacial (see what I did there? =P ) and Canadian Rockies inspired things...


Snow forest terrarium, wendiland
Soap/shampoo bar, swanmountainsoaps
Baby beanie hat, GroovyPumpkin
Glacier springs clip, Cultivar
Knit poncho, sassygraceboutique
Northern lights, haywardART
Card case, colorsbyliza
Bears planter, dustylorraine
Rhinestone brooch, Timeraveler
Labradorite ring, ThirtySixTen
Jasper pennant, birchandbird

And finally, because I really should do something else this week besides day dream about a trip that's like 3 days away, here's some local awesomeness from Alberta using Etsy's shop local tool.


Blue snakeskin ring, ImagineBetty
Sweet elephant pillow, BlueElephantStitch
Gathered bag, HandmadeTherapy
Plush polaroid camera, onelatenight
Freshwater pearl earrings, WildRoseJewels
Dad and son sock monkey, wearethemonkeez
Verdigris octopus necklace, lunetmuse 
Icy chill clover ring, Spiderella Studio
Fabric rosette clip, DollfaceDeVille
Tiki head, dancesippydance
Felted pom pom flowers, berryisland
Cupcake bath bomb, SimplyTempted

Okay, I'm done. I swear. 

How much do you want to go to Alberta now?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment