Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Travel Wednesdays - Capri

It's the middle of the week... so why not think about being somewhere else?



Villa San Michele, wiki
Harbor, Top Travel Blog
Blue Grotto, BootsnAll


I'm feeling very Italian this week... so I thought I'd find things inspired by the island of Capri... and maybe inspire you to go there one day. I definitely would like to go back since I only spent about four hours there. But... those four hours were fabulous!

The mom and I went on a brief bus trip/tour of Italy over Thanksgiving break one year while we lived in Germany. And I think this was officially the last bus trip we went on together before swearing off bus tours completely. It was a marathon of driving/sleeping/boredom from Stuttgart --> Florence --> Rome --> Naples/Pompeii/Capri --> Rome --> Venice --> back to Germany all in like four and a half days. Ugh. So of course we saw a lot of everything and not enough of anything all at the same time.

I remember the lovely interlude that was Capri though very fondly. To get there you take a ferry to the island and then a funicular up to the top. Even though there are many sights (the Blue Grotto, Roman ruins, Villa San Michele) mainly we just wandered around, getting lost on tiny side streets, eating gelato, drinking limoncello and pretending we didn't ever have to leave.

So, here's my vision of a perfect day on Capri...


Versace Sunglasses, Sunglass Hut
Prada Bag, Neiman Marcus
Crochet Ring, Galit
Cashmere Scarf, Sunspel
Capri Sun
GTS 3000, Vespa
Stripe Shirt, 7 For All Mankind
Ferragamo Ankle Boots, Zappos
Gelato pic, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the ancient history in Italy!I am just absolutely fascinated by Rome Italy tours. I cannot WAIT to go there one day!

    Rome walking tours

    ReplyDelete