Thursday, August 19, 2010

Travel Wednesdays - Sweden

Sorry everything is behind this week... just one of those weeks. Anyways...

So I have a super massive obsession with everything Swedish these days... and unlike a lot of other Travel Wednesdays, I have not been there yet. But I'm definitely planning a trip for (hopefully) next summer (because I hate the cold).


Fishing Village, debdrewphotos
Winter, Our Surprising World
Stockholm photo, whollyafool
Sunset Faro Island, Our Surprising World 
Laitaure Lake Sarek National Park, Thunda Funda

How gorgeous is that?

I can't exactly pinpoint my new-found passion... I'd imagine it started with my general love of Scandinavian design in furniture/household objects... otherwise known as IKEA (and their meatballs). But then there's always my love of Pippi Longstocking, the Swedish Chef, gnomes/tomte, and Swedish fish (<-- go play with that website, it's fun).

They also have the Ice Hotel that I desperately want to stay in. Check out the Flickr stream from this past year. Amazing!

I mean, really, could there be a better country?


Arriving In Stockholm, MatteArt
Blue Dala Horse, Clare Packages
Lapland Bracelet, GronstedtDesign
Wooden Gnome, coppermouse
Barn Art, Watercolor by Muren
Swedish Fish necklace, pennydogaccessories
Swedish Chef pendant, ccpendants
Swedish Star, ParkStreetStudios
Mushroom House, tildafilur
Pippi Collection, Amazon

In addition to all of that coolness, check out some awesome work by Swedish artists on Etsy (using the Shop Local tool... which is pretty amazing).


Beach Pottery Owl, LillaJizo
Wish You Were Here, PaperBazaar
Sunday Morning Slippers, aCatsNest
Tulip earrings, BlackDaisyDesigns
Red and white necklace, Creairtive
Tea Cup, SuzzieHoller
Zippered Pouch, Themidnightsundesign
Lilly dress, CristinaPires
As the Waves Roll In, afiori

So who wants to come with?  =)

2 comments:

  1. Meee :)
    Though I may be coming over your side of the ocean at some point because I promised I'd visit a friend who has just gone back to Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! On both counts! I'll totally come visit you if you're here... even if it is in Arkansas. =)

    ReplyDelete